functionisforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xinfinity_e36

My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! Empty
PostSubject: My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!   My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Hey guys whats going on
My names Alex.
This is my 95 325i that I basically had to rebuild everything myself since I bought it from a scamming dealership about a year & 1/2 ago...
The whole suspension front & rear has been done up with Bilstein PSS coilovers in the front and Bilstein sport + H&R sport springs in the back. That also includes all bushings/ replaceable parts have been replaced with polyurethane/better parts. I also had to do an engine swap, so I threw in a 97 328 engine + 5 speed manual transmission in that I had found for cheap. It may look shitty on the outside but it is more than mechanically sound. The custom scratches and random rust spots are from years of neglect from an awful previous owner in Quincy, Massachusetts. While being very low, I have yet to scrape or rub my tires even with some extreme driving haha. I really throw this thing around corners and it has yet to let me down.

My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! IMG123
My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! IMG139

This was the day after I lowered it. I had torqued every bolt down to spec except for the lugs! they were only hand tight! what an idiot & simple mistake! it would have cost me dearly so I just got a free tow (Thanks AAA) back to my house to tighten those suckers back down. All is good now.
My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! IMG130

BTW it scraped the front bumper like a bitch on the way up the ramp but nothing serious
Back to top Go down
dogbreath

PostSubject: Re: My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!   My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Nice car, my last race car was an E36. Welcome to FiF
Back to top Go down
acedeuce802

PostSubject: Re: My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!   My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Looks good, I love the stance! I like the Bilstein's Wink
Back to top Go down
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!   My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:53 pm

wow welcome, it looks pretty good, but thats just the looks, any performance parts?
Back to top Go down
dogbreath

PostSubject: Re: My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!   My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:36 pm

Undertaker4 wrote:
wow welcome, it looks pretty good, but thats just the looks, any performance parts?

Read the text, Dani.
Back to top Go down
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!   My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:58 am

i read the suspension parts, but im asking any performance parts engine wise
Back to top Go down
Xinfinity_e36

PostSubject: Re: My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!   My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Undertaker4 wrote:
i read the suspension parts, but im asking any performance parts engine wise
Performance wise all I have done is put on the m50 manifold which is a big help. It really pulls after 3k rpm. I haven't even tuned it yet! So far the car is running the m52 2.8l engine on the m50 2.5l tune! so some power is definitely to be made there but I want to throw in s52 cams before any chips are made for it as it is still obd1 running obd2. thanks everybody!
Back to top Go down
wallace
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!   My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:02 am

An M52 is always a good starting point. Any plans to go FI?
Back to top Go down
https://functionisforum.forumotion.com
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!   My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:31 am

I honestly wouldnt, i would just keep it na, and enjoy the simplicity, and reliability, especially for a dd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!   My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts! Empty

Back to top Go down

My e36, Greetz from Massachusetts!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
functionisforum :: FIF Community :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: